Master in Public Administration (MPA)
The Master in Public Administration (MPA) is a graduate degree program offered to students and professionals whose interest is to work for, engage in and lead towards the development, promotion, and advancement of effective, efficient and efficacious public organization and administration
Admission to MPA Program
The MPA program is intended for holders of a bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Management, Economics, Sociology and Law from universities or colleges of recognized standing. Those who are in government service for a minimum of three years may apply in the program.
The applicant must also have a scholastic rating of at least 2.0, B or 85% in the undergraduate course and must have obtained a passing mark in the admission test.
Those who are unable to meet the requirements may apply and may be admitted on probation. The enrollee must subsequently obtain an average of 1.75 for the first two semesters earned in the MPA program of the PUP Open University.
- Applicants for Advanced Studies should pass the OU Entrance Examination and the interview. The following should be submitted to the PUP Open University Registrar:
- Application for admission with two passport size ID picture;
- Transcript of Records of highest degree earned from the school last attended (1 original and 2 photocopies);
- Letter of Recommendation (from the school last attended or from applicant’s immediate supervisor;
- Certificate of Employment or Service Record
- Photocopy of marriage contract (for married female applicant) with Registry Number