Notices and Invitations
Republic of the Philippines
POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
Bids and Awards Committee
Mabini Campus, Sta. Mesa, Manila
PRE-BID CONFERENCE FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF SECURITY SERVICES 2011
August 26, 2011, 10:00 am
Dr. Mateo Conference Room, 2nd Floor, South Wing, Mabini Campus
Minutes of the Proceedings
Dr. Pastor B. Malaborbor - Chairman, BAC
Dir. Larry M. Alfonso - Vice-Chairman, BAC
Dir. Florenita E. IMPERIAL - Member, BAC
Prof. Randolph G. Alcantara - Member, BAC
Prof. Marcial V. Mojica - Member, BAC
Atty. Felipe P. Cahayon - Member, BAC
Prof. Alberto C. Guillo - Chair, TWG for Goods & Services
Engr. Ronald D. Fernando - Member, TWG for Goods & Services
Prof. Edelyn M. Mariano - Executive Secretary
Prof. Mary Grace L. Ferrer - Member, Secretariat
Ms. Estrelita D. Robles - Member, Secretariat
Ms. Rachel C. Torres - Member, Secretariat
Prof. Leonardo P. Coquilla - Chief, PUP Security Office (end-user)
Mr. Rodrigo Fernandez - Security Director, PASSCOR
Mr. Adriano Quinsafer - FOM (NCR), PASSCOR
Ms. Mary Rose Razon - Secretary, URDUJA Security Agency
Mr. Ruel Floranda - Marketing Officer, URDUJA
Mr. Ancel Cantete - General Manager, PERG
Mr. Rudy Cariaga - Vice-President, NONAGON
Mr. Jimmy Buenavente - Representative, NONAGON
Ms. Edna Lapid - Accounting Officer, IMPERIAL Guard
Mr. Enrico Rwena - Officer, IMPERIAL Guard
Mr. Napoleon Teofisto - Operations Officer, JOSIAH Security
Ms. Remigia Pantoja - Finance Officer, LINKER’s Security
Ms. Angelita Barrios - Administrative Manager, LINKER’s Security
Ms. Marifi Pangilinan - Operations Officer, VARIANCE Security
II. Call to Order
- The conference was called to order at 10:35 am by the BAC Chairman, Dr. Pastor B. Malaborbor. He introduced to the bidders the members of the PUP Bids and Awards Committee, the Technical Working Group, and the end-user who is the chief of PUP Security Office, Prof. Leonardo Coquilla.
- Executive Secretary Mariano went over the roll of the bidders present based on the attendance sheet. There were then thirteen representatives of the eight agencies which signified intention to bid and purchased bid documents for the project.
III. Highlights of the Proceedings
- The Chairman asked the bidders whether they have participated in government bidding.
- He asked the bidders to check the last page of the bid documents, reminding them that there should be a matrix attached. Here, VARIANCE informed the body that the copy of the bid documents they purchased lack this particular page. The Chairman instructed ES Mariano to provide VARIANCE the said matrix which she at once did.
- The Chairman pointed out some reminders to the bidders emphasizing the documents to be submitted and on how the bidders shall submit the said documents. He reminded the bidders that in the Revised IRR of RA 9184, only 2 envelopes are required: the technical and the financial envelopes. Each envelope consists of 3 copies, 1 original and 2 duplicate (Copy 1 and Copy 2).
- Original copy has been explained to be not necessary “original” but a certified true copy which bears the initial of any authorized representative of the agency.
- Bidders were given copies of these said reminders.
- Chairman requested the bidders to be careful with the preparation of bid documents and if possible, they who attended the pre-bid, be the ones to prepare their bid documents to avoid mistakes or confusion.
- He also reminded the bidders to synchronize their time with PUP bundy clock.
- On the reminder regarding the surety bond, URDUJA asked whether a certification from the Insurance Commission that the insurance company is authorized to issue surety bond should still be attached if it is a GSIS surety bond.
- To this, the BAC resolved that only private insurance companies/agencies need to attach such certification.
- The Chairman notified the bidders of the change in ABC: from Php 22,065,032.31 to Php 22,102,510.81. This change was due to the adjustment in the minimum daily wage rate of Bataan as is presented in the matrix attached in the bid documents, i.e. Php 302.00 which was corrected as Php 330.00
- The Chairman assured the bidders that a bid bulletin shall be issued regarding these changes on ABC and on the minimum daily wage rate for Bataan.
- URDUJA clarified the 404/426 computation for NCR minimum daily wage rate.
- Dir. Imperial explained that based on the latest Labor Advisory dated July 7, 2011, the Php426 minimum daily wage rate (COLA included) shall be used. But in the computation of other wage-related benefits such as night shift differential, overtime pay, premium pay, 13th-month pay, and retirement pay, the amount without the COLA (i.e., P404) shall be used.
- At this point, bidders were given copies of the latest Labor Advisory. Said Labor Advisory should guide the bidders in the computation of other components of the Security Services Cost Distribution for NCR.
- URDUJA requested that sealing and marking of bids be again discussed which the Chairman did. Chairman Malaborbor read the provisions on Section 20 of Instructions to Bidders on sealing and marking of bids and presented some cases of disqualifications due to non-compliance with the said instructions on sealing and marking.
- ES Mariano discussed how the bidders shall prepare/package their bid documents for easy checking; it was also advised that the bid docs are submitted ring bound and with tab per type of document.
- The Chairman asked the bidders to check page 3 of the bid documents – Invitation to Bid – specifically ITB clause 18 which appeared as an error in other bid document copies.
- VARIANCE clarified whether the documents for additional technical parameters should be submitted as part of the bid documents for the opening of bids or to be submitted and checked only during post-qualification.
- TWG Chair Guillo said that documents for the additional technical parameters shall be submitted as part of the bid documents for the opening of bids.
- As to the Certificate of Training for Guards such as NC II, part of the additional technical parameters, VARIANCE inquired whether at least 65 NC II certificates shall be attached which TWG Chair Guillo affirmed since the required number of guards is 65.
- LINKER’S Security made clear that SEC registration is applicable only to corporations while theirs is sole/single proprietorship which is DTI registered.
- The BAC, thru Dir. Imperial, resolved that DTI certificate is acceptable sole proprietorship and partnership.
- As to the required “at least Php5 Million Stockholder’s equity”, LINKER’S asked whether the same required amount applies to sole/single proprietorship.
- With this, the BAC shall still verify the equity that shall be required for a bidder that is a sole/single proprietorship. A bid bulletin shall then be issued once the BAC has determined what is required.
- Dir. Imperial informed the body that for the purpose of verification of compliance with the requirement on stockholder’s/proprietor’s equity, the audited Financial Statement for the year ended December 31, 2010 shall be used. Said audited financial statement must be BIR stamped.
- PASSCOR inquired about authorization for site inspection. With this, Chairman Malaborbor instructed Chief Coquilla to issue such authorization to bidders.
- It was also agreed that in the meantime, for compliance with the required Security Plan as part of bid documents for opening of bids, only main campus and satellite campuses, i.e. M.H. del Pilar and Bonifacio (which includes the College of Engineering and Architecture Building), Mass Comm building and Ilang-Ilang building (Condotel) will be presented.
- URDUJA inquired whether a certification of site inspection shall be attached as part of bid documents.
- TWG Chair Guillo said that the authorization to conduct site inspection signed by Chief Coquilla should be presented as part of the bid documents.
- NONAGON asked whether there are restrictions in the conduct of site inspection such as taking of pictures.
- TWG Chair Guillo said that normally there are no restrictions as long as the bidder has the necessary authorization. However, there may be cases where offices do not allow photo taking. In this case, the bidder will be advised not to by concerned officials.
- On Payment of Salaries, JOSIAH inquired about the 13th month pay. Its representative Mr. Teofisto shared that as a practice of their company, 13th month pay is already included in the monthly salary of their employees.
- Dir. Imperial asked why their guards’ 13th month pay is already integrated in and distributed together with the monthly salary.
- Chairman Malaborbor said that it is not the practice in government. He further said that there is a prescribed period to release 13th month pay; thus, he advised the bidders to comply with the University requirement.
- On the statement of all on-going and completed contracts, VARIANCE asked whether copies of contracts shall be attached or just the list.
- TWG Chair Guillo answered that a copy of the contract for each of the projects included in the submitted list of ongoing and completed contracts shall be attached as well as certificate of end-user’s acceptance or official receipt for full payment for completed projects.
- Bidders were also advised to include in the list a maximum of seven contracts with bigger contract price they have had in the last three years.
- Regarding renewal of contract, the same may be submitted provided there is a letter or certification of renewal attached with it.
- The largest single project in the list of on-going and completed contracts must be worth at least 50% of the PUP Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC).
- JOSIAH shared to the body that it neither has an on-going nor a completed contract with any government agency/institution.
- The BAC assured JOSIAH that PUP requires only ongoing and completed contracts similar to its Project as stated in the Invitation to Bid. Having no on-going or completed contract with any government institution does not disqualify a bidder.
- PASSCOR inquired about the format of Omnibus Affidavit presented on page 59 of the bidding documents.
- The BAC required the bidders to follow the given format.
- LINKER’S asked when the contract shall be approved/awarded since there is a portion in the form found on page 59 for the covered period of the contract.
- The BAC advised the bidders to leave that portion blank since the time of approval of the contract depends on the scheduled BOR meeting which takes place every quarter.
- VARIANCE inquired whether all the bidders may just have a uniform percentage of agency fee, i.e. 14%, so that bidders will just have to compete on the additional technical parameters.
- Chairman Malaborbor said that the BAC sticks with its requirement that bidder may offer an agency fee of less than 14%. He added that the bidder’s offer under additional technical parameters offered shall also be considered during post-qualification.
- URDUJA told the body that PADPAO issues a Certification of Good Standing not stating that bidder is not engaged in cut-throat competition.
- With this, TWG Chair Guillo told the bidders that the BAC shall still confirm this matter of issuing a certification of not engaged in cut-throat competition from PADPAO. A notice or bid bulletin shall be issued after having confirmed.
- It was also agreed that this required certification from PADPAO should have been issued not earlier than January 2011.
- Reminders on Sealing and Marking were again emphasized by Chairman Malaborbor to avoid disqualification.
There being no other matters to discuss, the pre-bid conference was adjourned at 11:55 am.
(signed) Edelyn M. Mariano
(signed) Dr. Pastor B. Malaborbor
More Bid Notices