Master of Arts in Filipino
Master in Filipino (MF, Non-Thesis)*
If the student has not taken undergraduate courses in a field of
specialization, he is required to take eighteen (18) units of qualifying
courses to be determined by the Academic Program Chairperson unless
otherwise specified in the curriculum;
The student may take more than the prescribed units in any
distribution in the curriculum to meet his career objective and
Free electives may be chosen from among the courses offered which are
outside the required subjects in the student’s curriculum;
If the student has completed courses substantially equivalent to the
required courses, he may waive the latter by application to the Dean.
The program Master of Arts in Filipino (MAF) was created for teachers of
the Filipino language and those who desires to enhance their knowledge
in the Filipino Language to cope up with the changing times.
The Master of Arts in Filipino program vision is to enrich and enhance
linguistics skills and culture of the teacher.
To produce graduates who can contribute in the alleviation of quality in
learning that gives emphasis in using the Filipino language for the
modern technology and significant research.
- To give its students reference theory and knowledge in the
nature and composition of the language, its use, and other topics
that can help in teaching the/in Filipino language.
- To broaden the knowledge and skill of the student in using
Filipino as medium of communication and teaching.
- To bring to the student new technologies and techniques in
teaching the Filipino language, which is the product of linguistic
- To help the student to conduct research in the Filipino
language, learn/teach the language, test-writing, prepare teaching
tools towards a more enriched language.
- To provide service in the field of language-teaching and its
related learning in response to the needs of a changing society.
- Core (9 units)
- EDU 640 Foundations of Education
- EDU 641 Educational Statistics
- MAF 600 Panimulang Linggwistika
- RSH 630 Research Seminar 1
- Major (18 units)
- MAF 601 Paglinang ng Filipino at Pahambing na Pag-aaral ng
mga Pangunahing Wika sa Pilipinas
- MAF 602 Istruktura ng Wikang Filipino
- MAF 603 Pagsasaling Wika
- MAF 604 Pagsusulit-Wika
- MAF 605 Paghahanda at Ebalwasyon ng Kagamitang Pampagtuturo
- MAF 606 Kalakaran at Mga Isyu sa Pagtuturo ng Filipino
- Electives/Cognates (6 units)
- RSH 631 Research Seminar 2
Thesis (6 units)
*Non-Thesis Option (2 Research-based courses, 6 units)
- Any subject from allied field of specialization
Additional Pre-Courses (Pre-MAF, 18 Units)
- MAF 607 Pagdisenyo at Ebalwasyon ng Kurikulum Pangwika
- MAF 608 Kontemporaryong Literatura ng Pilipinas
- MAF 501 Mga Katawagang Teknikal sa Filipino
- MAF 502 Sosyo-Linggwistika
- MAF 503 Poklor ng Pilipinas
- MAF 504 Panitikang Mapanghimagsik
- MAF 505 Pamamahayag sa Filipino
- MAF 506 Malikhaing Pagsulat
- MAF 507 Panitikang Popular