Master of Arts in Filipino
Master in Filipino (MF, Non-Thesis)*
If the student has not taken undergraduate
courses in a field of specialization, he is required to take eighteen (18)
units of qualifying courses to be determined by the Academic Program
Chairperson unless otherwise specified in the curriculum;
The student may take more than the prescribed units in any distribution
in the curriculum to meet his career objective and professional needs;
Free electives may be chosen from among the courses offered which are
outside the required subjects in the student’s curriculum;
If the student has completed courses substantially equivalent to the
required courses, he may waive the latter by application to the Dean.
The program Master of Arts in Filipino
(MAF) was created for teachers of the Filipino language and those who
desires to enhance their knowledge in the Filipino Language to cope up with
the changing times.
The Master of Arts in Filipino program vision is to
enrich and enhance linguistics skills and culture of the teacher.
To produce graduates who can contribute in the
alleviation of quality in learning that gives emphasis in using the Filipino
language for the modern technology and significant research.
- To give its students reference theory and knowledge in the nature
and composition of the language, its use, and other topics that can help
in teaching the/in Filipino language.
- To broaden the knowledge and skill of the student in using Filipino
as medium of communication and teaching.
- To bring to the student new technologies and techniques in teaching
the Filipino language, which is the product of linguistic research.
- To help the student to conduct research in the Filipino language,
learn/teach the language, test-writing, prepare teaching tools towards a
more enriched language.
- To provide service in the field of language-teaching and its related
learning in response to the needs of a changing society.
- Core (9 units)
- EDU 640 Foundations of Education
- EDU 641 Educational Statistics
- MAF 600 Panimulang Linggwistika
- RSH 630 Research Seminar 1
- Major (18 units)
- MAF 601 Paglinang ng Filipino at Pahambing na Pag-aaral ng mga
Pangunahing Wika sa Pilipinas
- MAF 602 Istruktura ng Wikang Filipino
- MAF 603 Pagsasaling Wika
- MAF 604 Pagsusulit-Wika
- MAF 605 Paghahanda at Ebalwasyon ng Kagamitang Pampagtuturo
- MAF 606 Kalakaran at Mga Isyu sa Pagtuturo ng Filipino
- Electives/Cognates (6 units)
- RSH 631 Research Seminar 2
- Any subject from allied field of specialization
- Thesis (6 units)
- *Non-Thesis Option (2 Research-based courses, 6 units)
- MAF 607 Pagdisenyo at Ebalwasyon ng Kurikulum Pangwika
- MAF 608 Kontemporaryong Literatura ng Pilipinas
- Additional Pre-Courses (Pre-MAF, 18 Units)
- MAF 501 Mga Katawagang Teknikal sa Filipino
- MAF 502 Sosyo-Linggwistika
- MAF 503 Poklor ng Pilipinas
- MAF 504 Panitikang Mapanghimagsik
- MAF 505 Pamamahayag sa Filipino
- MAF 506 Malikhaing Pagsulat
- MAF 507 Panitikang Popular