The Open University envisions itself to be the premier Center of
Excellence for Open and Distance Learning.
The Open University is committed to provide quality education through the
open and distance learning system, which is responsive to the needs and
challenges of a technologically advanced and globally linked society.
- Relevant degree and non-degree graduate and undergraduate programs;
- Innovative teaching-learning systems;
- Effective and efficient technology-based instructional strategies
- State-of-the-art instructional materials;
- Pertinent and productive researches;
- E-linked; and
- Quality administrators, subject specialists and graduates.
The Open University programs will:
- Provide an affordable and portable education for all, and thus help
bring about a better quality of life for all Filipinos.
- Offer an effective and efficient alternative delivery of instruction
- Re-engineer the traditional learning approaches through the use of
printed modules, audiocassettes, video tutorials, multimedia course
wares and other creative, innovative, and cost-effective learning
- Establish linkages and networking strategies with national and
international institutions and government and non-government
institutions for the optimum use of resources.
- Promote general efficiency and self-reliance among students,
teachers, school and public administrators, and managers of corporations
and business enterprises.