Center for Social History
The Center fosters researches and activities in social history, which deal with empirical and theoretical studies focusing on everyday or ordinary life rarely broached upon in historical, political and economic studies.
- Foster researches and activities in social history, which deal with empirical and theoretical studies focusing on everyday or ordinary life rarely broached upon in historical, political and economic studies;
- Conduct trainings, seminars and workshops on social history, politics, sociology, religion and history;
- Coordinate with academic departments of the university (e.g Department of History, Department of Sociology, etc) in research projects that are incubated in the Center;
- Provide consultations and expert opinions on issues and concerns about history, social history, culture, sociology politics, and other related fields with an end view of contributing expertise to policy making and development;
- Forge links and networks with national and international academic institutions and professional organizations in the fields within the borders of social history; and
- Publish academic outputs that are drawn from the activities and workshops of the Center and build an academic resource for social history.
Center for Creative Writing
This Center fosters researches and workshop-led activities in creative works, such as writing, literary criticism, visual and performing arts, film and film criticism; also critical thinking, and theoretical seminars in upgrading conceptual tools for enhancing creative and research craft.
- Foster researches and workshop-led activities in creative writing;
- Conduct seminars and trainings to hone creative writing skills of budding student and faculty writers;
- Cultivate creative writing not only as an art but also as a research craft;
- Serve as a conduit of the University with institutions and organizations (e.g National Commission for Culture and the Arts, National Book Development Book, etc.) concerning programs and projects that are centered on creative writing;
- Publish creative outputs of PUP- bred writers and other significant and nationally/internationally renowned writers and scholars; and
- Periodically publish the Entrada Journal.
Center for Humanities and Philosophy
This Center fosters researches in philosophical aesthetic and/or theoretical and methodological experimentations on various approaches on themes, issues and topics across the disciplines of philosophy and humanities.
- Foster researches in philosophy, aesthetics, sociology, and other theoretical and methodological experimentations on various approaches, issues and topics across the disciplines of Philosophy and Humanities;
- Conduct research capability seminars and trainings that are meant to cultivate research interest on Philosophy and Humanities and other related fields;
- Publish journals (e.g Mabini Review) and other academic publication (e.g books, etc.) that promote among scholars and thinkers in the university the importance of the philosophy and humanities;
- Facilitate workshops that are calculated to produce qualitative researches that would contribute to the growing body of knowledge on the speculative disciplines of philosophy and humanities;
- Forge links and networks with national and international academic institutions and professional organizations in philosophy and humanities; and
- Provide expert and academic opinions on issues and concerns that are expected to contribute to national and international policy development.
Center for Educational Research
This Center fosters researches, workshops, and other activities which promote innovations and developments on teaching methodologies, strategies and other corroborated pedagogies.
Center for Language and Literature Studies
This Center shall be the venue for the newest initiatives and directions of ICLS - the literary and language studies.
- Undertake a comprehensive training and workshop in the areas of translation and language studies;
- Publish literary works written in various regional dialects and other interesting and insightful outputs;
- Vitalize studies and researches on literature from the regional, national to international levels;
- Conduct forum, conferences and trainings related to theory and philosophy of literature and literary criticism; and
- Provide translation services