International Affairs

Frequently Asked Questions

International Student FAQ For Non-Filipino/ International Students

Does PUP admit/accept transferee for undergraduate program from another Philippine school or school abroad?
YES. A letter of intent addressed to the University President thru the Vice-President for Academic Affairs should be sent/ submitted.

Where can I get information on courses?
Polytechnic University of the Philippines has a wide range of courses at various levels - Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate. For information please browse the programs offered inundergraduateandgraduatelevels.

Can an international student take admission exam any time of the year?
Yes, provided he takes the exam during the admission exam schedule in time for the enrollment schedule for first or second semester or summer.

How do I apply?
For application procedures and other requirements, please click here (Qualifications and Requirements for International Students)

What are the entry requirements?
Applicants should meet PUP’s academic ,English language and document requirements. Applicants should take the PUP Admission Examination for International Students at the PUP Main Campus.

How do I get a visa?
After meeting all the requirements (academic, language and documentary) PUP Registrar will issue a Notice of Acceptance needed for converting current visa to student visa. The Liaison Officer of PUP will assist student at the Bureau of Immigration.

How long does it take to get a student visa?
A:Processing of student visa conversion takes at most 2-3 months provided documents are complete and duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post in the applicant’s country of origin.
PUP Liaison officer facilitates student visa processing

If I am below 18 years old, am I required to have a student visa?
A Special Study Permit (SSP)from the Philippine Bureau of Immigration is required for a student below 18 years old. PUP Liaison Officer will assist in securing the SSP.

Share this page: