PUP Taguig Branch

Quality and relevant education. These are the key words and the main objective for the establishment of the Polytechnic University of the Philippines Taguig Campus.

Government and University officials envisioned PUP Taguig to become the main source of commercial and industrial managers and employers that will fill in the job vacancies in the area, particularly now that the region is fast becoming an industrial zone that can employ thousands of workers.

Twenty years ago, upon the request of then Philippine College of Commerce President, Dr. Nemesio Prudente, former President Ferdinand Marcos issued proclamation No. 469, which excluded from the operation of Proclamation No. 423, dated July 12, 1957 a certain portion of land (10 hectares) situated in the Municipality of Taguig for school purposes of the PCC, now Polytechnic University of the Philippines. This proclamation was issued on September 30, 1968.

Share this page:
Top